Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prayer Cards

"When we do something like creating beautiful prayer cards we're setting ourselves up for success." (These are the words of Kari Patterson, who inspired me with her idea of  making beautiful prayer cards.)


"Of course there are lots of ways to pray, but this is just one way to help stay accountable to praying regularly for those in your life. When I leave it all to chance I find that I pray about my own little stuff about 99% of the time and then I run into a friend who was actually going through something hard and realize I hadn't even prayed for her! That's certainly not fun, but I just have to be honest about myself and know that I need something objective to help me keep others in mind."


"Here's what they are and why I love 'em.
I used to make them out of index cards with a Bic pen-no nonsense. But why not make them beautiful? Now, I make them from textured paper, a colored header, and good black pen that makes me write neatly.
There are 8 of them. One for each day of the week and one that says Daily. On my little cards there's a title and then a list of what to pray for each day." KP


And so, Saturday before last we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of crafting, creating, laughing and sharing together! Here are the results:)...




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love these!! THanks so much for the sweet link, and for sharing your cards. I love them! Have a great day, happy praying!

    ReplyDelete