Friday, February 25, 2011

Do You Desire To Pray?

"I can know I need to pray, and learn the skills involved in praying. Yet if I never desire to pray, my knowledge and skills mean nothing. Praying will never become a habit or a discipline because the one main ingredient is missing."-Elizabeth George

What we desire, or crave, plays an important role in what we participate in, or consume. After considering this point, I asked myself these questions...

1. Do I desire to pray?
2. Should my desire be greater?
3. What things or people should I pray for?
4. What will help me desire the "right" things?
5. How does my culture influence my prayer life for good or bad?

2 comments:

  1. My desire should be so much greater. Lord, Give me a greater desire to draw close to you through prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I desire to pray! But I want an increasing desire. I have the desire, but I know I need it to increse to put my desires into action.

    ReplyDelete