Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Father And The Child

The Father spoke:
   Come, child, let us journey together.
   Where shall we go, Father?
   To a distant land, another kingdom.
   So the journey will be long?
   Yes, we must travel every day.
   When will we reach our destination?
   At the end of days.
   And who will accompany us?
   Joy and Sorrow.
   Must Sorrow travel with us?
   Yes, she is necessary to keep you close to Me.
   But I want only Joy.
   It is only with Sorrow that you will know true Joy.
   What must I bring?
   A willing heart to follow Me.
   What shall I do on the journey?
   There is only one thing that you must do-stay close to Me.
   Let nothing distract you.
   Always keep your eyes on Me.
   And what will I see?
   You will see My glory.
   And what will I know?
   You will know My heart.
The Father stretched out His hand.
The child, knowing the great love her Father had for her, placed her hand in His and began her journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment