Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting Ready

Hello, Ladies!
 
I hope you all are having a great week!  
I wanted to let you know that I ordered our Book Club books, and they should be in the mail tomorrow.
I am really looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you. We definitely need each others encouragement, and this will be a great way to connect!
In closing, I would like to leave you with a few comments from ladies who have been blessed by "Hinds Feet in High Places" by Hannah Hurnard...

"Since I was told by a few people who don’t even know one another….”read this book”…. I finally got it and couldn’t put it down. Hannah is especially gifted in creative communication. There have been many highs and lows in my life and this put Gods plan into a word picture for me! I loved the message and want to tell everyone to read the book!"

"I reread this book often. I believe the Lord lays it on my heart to remind me that these issues have a way of revisiting us and lessons learned are best not forgotten. Like Pilgrims Progress , Hinds Feet transported me to a world where I could watch as I walked thru the fire."

 

"I am teaching this to a group of ladies in my church. I read it for the first time right after my mother and father had separated, I had had 2 miscarriages, a car accident, had moved to a new city, had no friends, and had a new baby. I cried all the way through it, but it was the cry of hope mingled with sorrow – that maybe God could redeem all the hard things that I was experiencing. He has done just that – I say this 29 years later. I especially loved, and still do love the sweet picture of the Shepherd – faithful, gentle, strong, and loving. The book convicts and encourages. I love it."

"I was recommended this book by a friend and read it. Enjoyed it and put it on my book shelf. Felt God saying to me to read it again 4 years later after a major healing encounter with god, wow it blew my mind. This was my journey up to the healing encounter with God."


"I just read the book It was wonderful!!! Its really funny because we are all on the same journey as much afraid. I feel a sense of relief to know I am not the only one with a series of struggles. That is the most beautiful book I have ever read. I have been having serious problems here lately a friend told me to read it, I couldn’t put it down."

Seeking the High Places,
Sarah Beth

1 comment: