Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Loving Companionship

Here is what Darien Cooper had to say about Loving Companionship...

Planted deep within each of our hearts is an insatiable desire for a loving companionship that cannot be satisfied by any living thing except God Himself. David describes this feeling in Psalm 42:2.
"My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God:"
Are you searching for something you have not yet found? Do you have inner longings that are not met? Turn to the Shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ, who alone can satisfy your thirst. Lift your heart up to Him.
Lord, I am trusting You to teach me how to give myself completely to you so my inner desires can be satisfied. Teach me to know that Your love and walk in that love as a way of life. I want to go with You to the High Places, where "perfect love casteth out fear" (1 John 4:18).
What a comfort to know You are "the Way, the Truth and the Life" (John 14:6).
Join your Lord at the watering place beside the lovely cascade and pool in the village of your heart, alongside Much-Afraid. Enter into His presence with a sense of longing to be completely His. He gave His life so you could live in this daily companionship with Him. (Wow)!
"God is faithful-reliable, trustworthy and [therefore] ever true to His promise, and He can be depended upon; by Him you were so called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (1 Corinthians 1:9 AMP).
Lord Jesus, show me whenever our companionship is broken because I doubted Your faithfulness to me by being fearful or angry at various times, in certain places, or with particular people. Teach me how to let Your love and faithfulness saturate every fiber of my being so our companionship can become the most important thing in my life I choose to believe You are faithful and trustworthy, ever true to Your promises. I long to abide in Your presence alone. Thank You for Your faithful love to me.

Sarah Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment