Thursday, January 13, 2011

A New Thing

"We are going to rent this house on the beach. We're going to sleep, sit, swim, read ext...." Well, we've done a lot of everything except read. Lol!
I did have a couple of hours to spend with my Bible and my friend, Much-Afraid this afternoon...
"Behold, I will do a NEW thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." (Daily reading in Isaiah 43).
Things are not always as they appear with God, for He can turn the wilderness into a highway, and the desert into an oasis. If you can't see God DOING anything right now, don't worry, He is, He said so in the verse I just quoted. Here is what Philip Yancy had to say, "A person who lives in faith must proceed on incomplete evidence, trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse." I love that! Are you in a wilderness, just wait, God is turning it into a path that will lead straight to the destination He has for you. Do you feel like you're in a wilderness? Get your rubber boots on, because he is preparing the floods of His blessings!
"I have come to bring you a message, " said the Shepherd. "You are to be ready, Much-Afraid for something NEW. This is the message, 'Now shalt thou see what I will do' " (Exodus 6:1), (from chapter 8-On The Old Stone Wall).
I miss you dear friends; I trust you are enjoying your time with the Shepherd. I am!
Anticipating something new,
Sarah Beth

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly (high) places in Christ." Ephesians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment