Sunday, January 30, 2011

Solitude-"An Inner Adventure"

"A Woman's Call to Prayer- I opened my book to the first page of the first chapter, and this phrase jumped out at me, "of seeking out and arranging for solitude." How many of us seek out and arrange for solitude? To be quite honest, solitude isn't high on my "to do" list! Perhaps this stood out to me because I just recently read the definition of solitude. "Loneliness is feeling alone. Solitude is actually being alone, but still feeling full. Solitude is quiet and focused; loneliness feels frenetic and frantic. Loneliness concentrates on externals, solitude on the "inner adventure." Loneliness listens to what others think and say about you. Solitude inclines to what God has said from the beginning. Loneliness focuses on want, on deficiency, on lack. Solitude rejoices in presence, provision, and purpose. Solitude requires a willingness to practice." The first challenge of this book for me is solitude! ~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's a good thought! So often when we're by ourselves, we do feel lonely. What a challenge to savor these times as we purpose to turn our hearts heavenward!

    ReplyDelete