Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Enemy

Wow Anna!  This is such a hard question!

     "Where are you now, you little fool?  Up on the High Places: Not much!  Do you know that everyone is laughing at you?  Seeking your heart's desire, eh, and left abandoned by him (just as I warned you) on the shores of Loneliness.  Why didn't you just listen to me, you little fool?"

I think I most identified with her struggle with Pride.  I have a hard time doing anything boldly because I'm always concerned with what others might think.  No one wants to be made a fool.  No one likes being taken advantage of.  Sometimes I feel like I've been doing good and then I will be reminded that I still have SSOOO far to go in my walk with Christ.  This is a discouraging thought sometimes.  I can identify with what Much-Afraid must be feeling when Pride says, "Where are you now... Up on the High Places: Not much!"  She's set out to reach a goal, to get better and closer to God.  And is she there yet? Nope.  It doesn't seem like she's anywhere even close to where she wants to be.  Her pride would persuade her to give up and go back home so at least people would stop laughing about her pursuing her "foolish" desires...
Hopefully all this makes sense!  Its really hard to get my thoughts across quickly...I love you all!!
Hopefully we can all be together SOON!
<3 alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment