Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Book!

Dear Sisters,

I have missed our book and chats tremendously! I hope the convening season was a blessed time for you and your families.

"Hinds Feet on High Places," was such a huge success, that I have been reluctant to decide on a new one. While praying about this very thing, I read the following Scripture, and felt a confirmation for the book I was considering. Zechariah 8;20-23, "Thus saith the Lord of hosts; it shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the Lord, and to seek the Lord of hosts: I will go also. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts (in Jerusalem), and to pray before the Lord. Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold of the skirt of him (that is a Jew), saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you."

It seems that I am bombarded with "prayer requests" from family, friends,coworkers and even strangers at a dizzying pace, not to mention the needs of my own life. I feel an urgency in my own personal walk to strengthen my prayer life. In the above Scripture God was saying that others would follow, if someone would step up, and lead in prayer and seeking the Lord! 

A Woman's Call to Prayer-Making Your Desire to Pray a Reality by Elizabeth George will be very different than Hind's feet on High Places, but I believe it can be just as beneficial to our spiritual journeys. 

"You can have an exciting prayer life! Are you a prayer "wanna-be" who wonders how to take your first step into prayer? Or are you a seasoned prayer-warrior who aspires to continue in the battle? Elizabeth George will help you make your desire to pray a reality. You'll learn practical ways to...

*establish a regular time for prayer
*refresh your commitment to pray
*pray from your heart for daily needs
*lift family and friends up to God
*discover God's will for your life
*worship God through prayer

If you want to begin-or improve!-your journey of prayer, I invite you to join us.


Answering His call to prayer, 
Sarah Beth

"Prayer is the highest activity of which the human spirit is capable."


No comments:

Post a Comment